KARIN JIMFELT-GHATAN – chief designer and co-founder of Odd Molly
Name: Karin Jimfelt-Ghatan
Year of birth: 1961
Place of birth: Stockholm
Education: Bachelor of art in "Fashion Merchandising" at the American college in London , graduated in 1983.
Work experience: Worked at Peak Performance and Bondelid among others.
Merits in fashion:
- Founder of Odd Molly Intnl AB 2002, now a public company on the Swedish stock exchange since 2007.
- Finalist at ISPO Brand New Awards in Munich 2004.
- Winner of International Baltic Fashion Awards 2005 (Prêt-á-porter).
- ”Woman of the year” by swedish magazines Damernas Värld and Hennes.
- Winner “Shooting Star 2007 in Swedish Business”. Ernst & Young entrepreneur Awards.
- Export Company of the year. By Swedish Chamber of Commerce, 2007.
- “Guldknappen” – Swedish fashion designer of the year 2008.
DESIGN IDEA / PHILOSOPHY
Inspiration: Don´t think – trust your feelings.
2 main collections/season
Special tecnique or material: Some garments are completely made by hand and most part of the collections have details that are made by hand.
The design is unique, personal, brave, feminine and soft with a fantastic skin to skin feeling.